Tuesday 26 November 2013

Apple and cinnamon muffins






I love the combination of apple and cinnamon and when I saw this recipe in Nigella’s book, I had to try them. The result was these yummy, moist and great smelling muffins. I did overfill the paper liners though, but they are still delicious. Overflown but delicious.


Apple and cinnamon muffins
Adapted from the book: Kitchen by Nigella Lawson

2 medium apples
250 gr plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 eggs
125 gr light brown sugar plus 4 teaspoons more for topping
125 ml honey
60 ml plain yoghurt
125 ml vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
75 gr whole raw almonds
Preheat the oven in 200oC/ 400o F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Peel and dice the apples. Set aside.
Combine the flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a small bowl. In a large bowl whisk together the 125 gr of sugar, eggs, honey, yoghurt and oil. Chop the almonds roughly and add half of them to the flour mixture. Fold the dry ingredients to the wet and stir in the diced apples. Be careful not to overmix. The lumpier the batter, the lighter the muffins.
In a small bowl, combine the rest of the almonds, the 4 teaspoons of sugar and the one teaspoon of cinnamon. This will be the topping of the muffins.
Spoon the batter into the paper liners(about ¾, don’t do it like me) and sprinkle with the topping. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
After you remove them from the oven, allow them to stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
It makes 12 muffins, I got 12 but I think I would have taken at least one more, if I hadn’t overfilled the paper liners with the batter.





 Here is my second attempt without overfilling the muffin liners:








2 comments:

  1. Λατρεύω τις γεύσεις αυτές και η Nigella είναι εγγύηση έτσι δεν είναι;
    Πολύ όμορφα φαίνονται τα muffins σου!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ!! Όντως η Nigella δεν με έχει απογοητεύσει ποτέ εώς τώρα. Γενικά κι εγώ τρελαίνομαι για οτιδήποτε έχει να κάνει με μπαχαρικά και μήλα, ιδιαίτερα φθινόπωρο και χειμώνα, μου δημιουργεί συναισθήματα και αναμνήσεις.

      Delete