Friday 31 January 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread





I had a few ripe bananas looking at me in a very sad way, so, I decided I had to do something with them. I looked through the internet and I discovered this recipe for a banana bread. I hadn't tried banana bread so I went for it. Now I know that banana bread is actually cake. To be more precise a muffin in the shape of a loaf. This one I made is actually very tasty,it smells and taste so much banana and it is a great combination with the chocolate chips. Great for breakfast. I just think that with brown sugar it would be even more delicious so, that is what I'm going to do with my next ripe banana batch.





Chocolate chip Banana Bread

Recipe adapted from here

3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup (113 g) butter, softened
2 large eggs
¾ cup (150 g) sugar
2 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (you can put more if you want)



Preheat your oven to 190°C/ 375°F. Grease and flour a loaf pan (Mine was 20x10 cm). In a bowl mash the bananas well with a fork and stir in the lemon juice so that the will not turn black. In a big bowl or your mixer bowl, place the butter, the sugar and the vanilla sugar and beat until soft an creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until blended. Add the mashed bananas. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add it in the mixture and beat it for a few moments,just until incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. 
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for about an hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean (Mine was ready in about 48 minutes). If it starts getting brown to early cover with aluminum foil. Let it cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Let it cool completely before you slice it.



No comments:

Post a Comment